Do you have a dog that barks and lunges at other people or dogs while on leash? Does he have trouble focusing in more distracting environments? Disengage from you the moment the leash comes off? Is he uncomfortable being around new dogs or people? In this small group class we teach you to how get and keep your dog’s focus so you can more effectively communicate and work with your dog.
This is not a basic obedience class- rather, this is a behavior modification class that teaches your dog focus and self control in the face of things that used to distract him or send him over the edge.
Your dog SHOULD attend Control Unleashed if they:
- Are uncomfortable or distracted around other dogs
- Have difficulty concentrating
- Are reactive or easily aroused/excited
- Are anxious or stressed
- Have trouble with impulse control
Your dog SHOULD NOT attend Control Unleashed if they:
- Have moderate to severe aggression toward other dogs or toward people
- Have a bite history
*If this sounds like your dog, contact Patrice about other training options.
Note: In order to get the most out of the class experience, students should be serious about practicing at home with their dog between sessions. For best results, a minimum of four 10-15 minute at-home practice sessions is recommended each week. While slightly reactive dogs may benefit greatly from this class, a phone consult may be required to sign up to make sure it is a good fit for you and your dog.
Email email@example.com or click here to register!
$260 for a 6 week course + 1 people- only orientation
We now have an assistant trainer in class to maximize your success.
*Included in enrollment in the course is the book Control Unleashed: Creating a Focused and Confident Dog by Leslie McDevitt. This course is based off of the exercises in this book making it a very useful reference tool.
Training Equipment Needed For Course
- 6′ leash (not retractable)
- Flat collar and/or harness (front clip harness recommended- no prong collars, choke chains or shock collars allowed)
- Clicker (optional)
- A variety of your dog’s favorite soft treats (lots! cut up into very small pieces in a treat holder you can hook onto your clothes)
- Crate– can be soft sided, plastic or wire (optional)
- Towel or mat for your dog
- A Kong stuffed with food/a chew they enjoy
- Tug toy
- Water bowl
*Some of this equipment can be borrowed if needed, so don’t worry if you don’t have everything.
- Each class lasts 1 hour
- Class size limit is 6 dogs
- Orientation will be a 1 hour people-only session
- Next class temporarily delayed due to facility closures. New date/times to be announced soon. Get on the waitlist now by emailing Patrice@ingoodpawsdt.com
Team Spirit Agility:
8910 W. 52nd Ave.
Arvada, CO 80002